The Erdödy Castle is the oldest building in Jastrebarsko. The castle is located in a beautiful old park that is actually a monument of horticulture. The Castle’s original function was that of a water castle, a lowland fort surrounded by moats that are now filled and covered with grass, but still visible in the outlines of the landscape. According to records, the castle was built by Matija Gereb between 1483 and 1489. The Erdödy family came into possession of the Jastrebarsko land, which included the castle, in the first half of the 16th century and remained in possession until 1922. The castle building has a rectangle shape and it is located on a knoll surrounded by moats, as a lowland fort. The wings of the building have different heights, and the highest of them is closed by the two remaining towers. The internal courtyard contains arches and baroque columns. The old castle was built by Ban Matija Gereb in the late 15th century. Early in the 16th century, the castle fell to the possession of the Erdödy family, under which it remained until 1922. In time, the castle saw several reconstructions, and the rectangle castle reinforced by two round towers was one of the keeps during Ottoman invasions. The plate left of the entrance was added in 1592 by Ban Toma Erdödy. Stjepan Erdödy, who loved nature and hunting, founded a natural museum in the castle. It was then bought by businessman Ehrman. In 1936, after the businessman’s bankruptcy, the estate was bought by the municipality for a children’s home. It also held the Regional Museum for a while.
Today, the castle is in very poor condition and the interior is not open for visitors. It is, however, to be completely renovated soon so it would once again shine in all its glory. Until then, you can only visit the exterior while strolling on the beautiful grounds of the Erdödy Castle.
The Jastrebarsko Town Museum holds an interesting collection with items related to the castle and history of the Erdödy family. It also includes a small collection of photographs, hunting items and trophies won by Count Stjepan Erdödy, who was a passionate hunter and a photography pioneer in the region.
In the green corner of the docile Slavetić region with scattered orchards, vineyards and flower fields, on the top of the hill opposite the parish church of St Antony the Loner (Sv Antun Pustinjak) from 1600, lies the castle of the counts of Oršić. The old town is mentioned in 1294 within the foothill county, and after changing a few masters, in 1468 it came into possession of counts of Oršić, until 1869 when its owner became Levin Rauch. Originally built as a medieval burg with a Gothic centre and a guard tower and castle, in the subsequent renovations and annexes from the 16th to the 18th century this place was converted into a spacious castle. Construction phases are reflected through the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque elements. This complex, comprised of several buildings for various purposes, closes shared inner courtyard. Above the entrance a year 1639 is indicated. In the castle there is a preserved kiln from the 17th century, a fireplace with consoles, and valuable portraits. Today the castle is privately owned.
For more information please visit www.slavetic.info
Located in the middle of the swamp areas, which were turned into ponds Crna Mlaka in the early 20th century begins to turn into ponds. Kornelius Zwilling leases it around 1905, and from 1914 to 1920 a complex of villa, promenade and ancillary buildings was built according to the designs of architect J. Deutsch (1917), in the style of the late Art Nouveau.
Today this castle is located in the centre of a special ornithological reserve Crna Mlaka.Photogallery